I feel that this has come together in a complete way. I have worked hard by going over and over my ideas to finally come to a piece that feels finished.
- Labelling as a way to show individuality
- The continuous nature of war and war crimes
- Blood spilled and the horrors of war.
- Nameless and faceless within a mass grave – all seemingly the same.
- I would have liked to have purchased a larger amount of the labels. The cost was prohibitive but I have supplemented plain red ribbon in a similar colour to add quantity.
- I feel that this effectively and completely satisfys my ideas of identity and individuality within mass graves and the horrors of war.
- I am really looking forward to seeing this in situ within the crypt. It will be situated as if pouring from a hole in one of the walls onto the floor.