This piece is one of the first pieces to truly come together.
- Mass Graves refered to as a single unit but contain many individuals.
- Individuals are often identified by clothing and personal possessions. These can prove identity and individuality.
- Impressions used to convey loss but also refer to a continued presence.
- I continue to use circles as a representation for continuation, never-ending and ceaselessness.
- I feel that I could have done some further experimenting with the imprints and clay. However I was relying on one of the studio artists where I work, to kindly fire this ceramic work for me and I therefore needed to wait between firings.
- Because of the size of the finished piece it has been impossible to totally view this work in its entirety, I am very limited by working space.
- I am hoping that this piece will come together with a visceral impact. I also think that this piece should speak for itself with little guidance.